About Me

My photo
Hull, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to my blog. My name is Sharon and Mumfie is my nickname, which my husband gave me when I was pregnant. I've been into some form of crafting most of my life, I started cardmaking about 6 years ago and have been hooked ever since. I'm 40 something and married to Tony and have 3 children, 1 girl aged 19 and 2 boys aged 15 and 12. We also have 3 dogs called Rocky, Pippa and Lulu. Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog and any comments are welcome.

Saturday, 10 December 2011

Update on my son Joshua

Thought I'd give a update on my son Joshua, he had an appointment for an EEG on Monday (5th) and was told that it could be 2-3 weeks before I knew the results. Well on Wednesday (7th) while he was at school he was playing outside, and he had a massive seizure which lasted about 6 minutes. Which when he went down, his face took most of the impact and if you can bear to look at the photos below, you can see just how much damage he did. Thankfully no broken bones, but we won't know for sure until all the swelling as gone down. When we got to the hospital one of the doctor's was so angry about how long we would have to wait for the EEG results he went and chased them up. The results came back showing that Joshua had abnormal brain waves, hopefully we'll know more when we go back on Wednesday. They've started him on Sodium Valporate, 300mg twice a day, and next week this increases to 500mg twice a day, and then we'll see how we go from there. We're thankful that Joshua as been diagnosed with Epilepsy, just not happy that he had to sustain such a battered face to get the results.

Here are the photos of Joshua,
I'm sorry if they aren't very nice.




Thanks for looking
Sharon

No comments: